Your Dream, Our Mission - Your
Gateway to a Brighter Future
Your Dream, Our Mission - Your
Gateway to a Brighter Future

Badmus & Associates Immigration Attorneys Providing Legal Help With Immigration Services

Badmus & Associates Immigration Attorneys Providing Legal Help With Immigration Services

Making the decision to move to a new country is a major change, and it’s one that comes with complicated immigration rules and lengthy wait times. Working with an immigration lawyer servicing Texas and across the entire nation can make this easier and take some of the stress out of the process. Find out why Badmus & Associates should be your go-to legal team whether you’re applying for a permanent residence or have questions about what it would take to bring a family member into the country.

How Can We Help You?

Your Immigration Law Team

Our immigration law firm is dedicated to ensuring you have knowledgeable representation. Our team includes attorneys, paralegals, and even a client happiness coordinator to ensure that all of our clients have a positive experience. Collectively, we have decades of experience practicing immigration law and representing clients in all kinds of situations and cases, and we put all of our knowledge and passion to work for you. When you need an immigration attorney – whether in Texas or across the United States – our team is here to help you achieve your goals and plan for the future.

Client Success Stories

Our Practice Areas

Badmus & Associates helps clients with a variety of legal issues. While our attorneys primarily handle immigration law cases, we can also help with business law, intellectual property law, and estate planning. Here are some of the specific types of cases we take on:

  • Family Immigration
  • Employment Immigration
  • Green Cards
  • Temporary Work Visas
  • EB-1, EB-2 NIW, PERM green cards
  • Acquisition Support
  • Wills and Trusts

This is just a sampling of the types of cases where we’ve represented clients. If you’re dealing with something that’s not on this list, call our office to find out how we can help.

Meet Our Team

How Does the Immigration Process Work in the United States?

It can seem like the United States has a complicated immigration system, and this is partially true. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office handles immigration petitions and changes in immigration status, such as when applying for an adjustment of status for permanent residency. Each visa is handled differently, but in general, you will need to apply for the visa that matches your situation. If your visa is approved and you fulfill any other requirements, such as a biometrics appointment or interview, you will be able to come into the United States.

Why Choose Us?
Dedicated Legal Support

At the immigration law firm of Badmus & Associates, we understand how overwhelming and scary it can be when you’re dealing with immigration matters. Our team is here to offer you dedicated legal support so that you always have someone in your corner advocating for your rights.

Responsive Team

The immigration law system isn’t known for its speed, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be kept up to date with what’s going on in your case. We pride ourselves on being responsive, which means you’ll get timely answers to your questions, whether that’s by phone or email.

Compassionate Representation

When you’re working with a Dallas immigration lawyer, you need someone who can approach your case with empathy and compassion. At Badmus & Associates, we treat each of our clients as if they were part of our own family. We want our clients to feel understood and supported as we help you with your legal needs.

Successful Outcomes for Clients

Immigration law is challenging, and a positive outcome is never guaranteed. But our immigration attorneys have a long track record of successfully representing clients and businesses. We know what it takes to win your case, and we do everything in our power to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Collaborative Approach

You shouldn’t have to go through legal battles alone. When you work with our immigration law firm, you’re part of a team. We partner with our clients to ensure they know what’s happening in their cases, understand all of their legal options, and can be active participants in the process.

Experienced in Immigration and Business Matters

Our team of legal professionals has the experience and knowledge needed to help clients with immigration and business matters. Whether you’re applying for a visa or want to make sure your business is legally protected, we’re here to make that happen. We can also help with intellectual property issues and estate planning.

Why Choose Us?

How Can I Sponsor a Family Member?

Family-based immigration is a common way for foreign nationals to get legal immigration status in the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be able to file a petition for a family member under U.S. immigration law. The first step is to talk with an immigration attorney to ensure that you are eligible and understand the process. Then, you’ll need to file the appropriate paperwork and wait for a response. Your family member will need to attend their interview and provide any necessary information before a final decision can be made.

Latest Articles & Insights

Why You Should Work With Badmus & Associates

When you need an immigration law firm, you want a team of attorneys who understand the complex immigration laws in the United States and are equipped to outline your options and advocate for your rights. Our team has years of experience doing just that for our highly satisfied clients.

For those in Dallas or anywhere in Texas, Badmus & Associates is centrally located in Dallas. It’s just 1.2 miles from B.B. Owen Park and a 10-minute drive from Norbuck Park. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is 25 miles away. However, we can provide guidance and representation for anyone, no matter the city and no matter the state, and ensure you get the right help for your situation!

If you have an immigration issue or have questions about how to obtain legal immigration status, contact the team at Badmus & Associates by calling 214-393-4917.

Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Difference Between an Immigrant Visa and a Nonimmigrant Visa?

The main difference between an immigrant visa and a nonimmigrant visa is whether the person intends to stay permanently in the United States. An immigrant visa is for someone from another country who wants to change their residence to the United States. Examples of immigrant visas include IR1, CR1, and K-1 visas. Nonimmigrant visas are for those who only plan to be in the United States for a specific amount of time — usually for a specific purpose. Examples of nonimmigrant visas include those for temporary workers or those who want to visit the United States for tourism purposes.

What Are the Main Visa Categories?

There are many kinds of visas, each with a specific purpose, but they generally fall into two categories: nonimmigrant visas and immigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visas include those that are generally for travel, temporary work, or studying purposes. Immigrant visas can further be divided into immediate relative and family-sponsored visas, such as spouse and fiance visas, and employer-sponsored visas, such as those for priority workers or religious workers. If you’re not sure what visa category your situation falls into, an immigration attorney can help you understand the differences and make a decision on which one is best for you.

Who Is Eligible to Sponsor a Family Member?

In general, a person must be a U.S. citizen to be able to sponsor a family member for immigration. U.S. citizens who are at least 18 years old can sponsor a petition for their spouse or children. A U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old can also sponsor their parents and siblings. Those with lawful permanent resident status can sponsor their spouses or their unmarried children. In general, the sponsor filling out the petition must also be able to show that they can financially support their family member until they are able to obtain legal work.

What Is an Adjustment of Status?

An adjustment of legal status is when you apply for a change in your current immigration status. This term is most often used to describe applying for a Green Card. An adjustment of status must be done when you are physically present in the United States, and the goal is to be able to get approval as a lawful permanent resident without having to return to your country of origin first. In many cases, you will need to have an approved immigration petition before you can apply for an adjustment of status, but some situations allow for you to submit both forms at once.

How Do I Extend a Visa?

If you are in the United States with a visa that is expiring and you want to remain in the country, you may be able to extend or renew your visa. Only some visas are eligible for this. In general, you must have a valid nonimmigrant visa at the time you apply for an extension, and you must not have violated any of the terms of your visa. You also must not have committed any crimes that affect your visa eligibility and must still have a valid passport. Any request to extend a visa must be filed before the visa expires, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office recommends that you apply for an extension at least 45 days before the visa is set to expire.

Can I Work and Study in the United States?

It is possible to work and study in the United States as long as you have the proper legal standing. You will need to have a work or study visa, have a work permit, or have a Green Card. The requirements for each work- or study-based visa vary, so it’s important to talk with an immigration attorney about which one you may qualify for and what the process entails. If your job requires you to come to the United States for work, you may be eligible for an employer-sponsored visa. Working without authorization in the United States can result in revocation of your visa and deportation.

What Is Required for Naturalization?

Once you have had permanent resident status for a certain number of years, you may be eligible to apply to become a naturalized citizen. Most permanent residents will need to have been in the country for 5 years, but if you are married to a U.S. citizen, this can be shortened to 3 years. Other eligibility requirements include being at least 18 years old, having a basic level of English language proficiency, and being able to pass the civics test. You will also have to go through an interview process at a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office.

What Does an Immigration Attorney Do?

An immigration attorney is a lawyer who has an in-depth understanding of the policies and procedures regarding immigration in the United States. They can help with things like applying for visas, applying for an adjustment of status, or sponsoring family members. An immigration law firm can help you understand if you qualify for a certain visa and what’s required for your application. They can explain the pros and cons of each visa option and help you determine which one is the best fit for you. Some firms also help clients who are facing removal proceedings or who have had a visa denied and want to appeal.